Monday, October 14, 2013

Back Home


PhotoI do have to say, though, as busy as we were this weekend, when I unpacked my new Veritas carcase saw (rip), I couldn't wait to get into the shop and at least cut a tenon cheek with it. So that's exactly what I did. Went into the shop, made one cut, sighed, looked around the mess that is my shop, sighed again, then gently placed the saw into its new home in the saw till on the wall and turned and returned inside.

No matter how nice a trip is, there is always that feeling of contentment that hits as soon as you walk through the door of your home to confront the pile of stuff you dropped in the foyer as you emptied the car from the travel chaos. It didn't fail me this time either!

My wife and I had a great trip to Tucson and I finally got to meet some of her family for the first time. It was definitely a weekend well-spent. Some tourism, family, and friends, and a short 4 days later it's back to the daily grind. It's definitely something we'll have to be doing again in the near future.


That one cut didn't tell me a whole lot, other than it is capable of a smooth straight cut, but it did whisper of things to come. It also whispered that I should go ahead and stay out there and that there was plenty of time before bed for me to play...and it was persistent. BUT, I also--at the same moment--remembered that I was married and that pile of stuff in the foyer could alter how happily that would continue.

And so I waved goodbye for the evening to all my friends in the shop and promised everyone that I'd see them very soon...amazingly similar to my goodbye several hours earlier. Sadly, I realized I must be getting good at them...hopefully "Hello!" follows shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment