Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Thank You

Probably one of the most difficult things I have to do every week is balance family, work, and shop time. It's a delicate balance, to say the very least. Now that I've added blogging to help chronicle my endeavors for my little one who is on the way (sure it's a little selfish/hopeful to think he/she will have the slightest inclination to see how I learned) and to give me something to look back and reflect on, it just makes things that much more difficult to juggle.

I have to say that none of it would be possible without my wife. Her patience with me and my hobby/addiction is completely amazing. I think she knows and accepts--though she may not understand--that I would love to be in the shop after I get home from work. Even if it's after 8 PM like many nights, I could easily walk into the shop for the next couple hours, shower, and hop in bed, my mind still whirling around the project in work or the next one on the list and what I could get done the next night.

Dinner? No biggie, I ate twice today already.

It's tough, and I know a lot of other people have to deal with the same thing, whether it be woodworking, writing, painting, or anything else that people find in their lives for which they have a passion. Fortunately for me, my more accepting half is somehow alright with me spending an entire day of a weekend and often much more--almost every weekend--in my shop.

So thank you to all of the people in our lives who deal with us at our most inattentive. We couldn't be this messed up--or happy--without your support.

And now that the shop is just about back in order, it's time to start looking at other legacies for my little one...something made with love and wood...


Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment